1. Apply main wheel brakes
2. Advance engine throttles to MIL and check parameters
- (engine rpm 101 ± 2%
- acceleration time (acceleration within 7 seconds, stabilized within 10 seconds)
- temperature 665-675˚C
- nozzle position of 0-16%).
3. Release brakes, start takeoff run.
4. Advance throttles to MAX (afterburner switches on within approximately 5 seconds)
5. During the first half of the run, keep the direction by steering the nose wheel, after 60 KIAS use only rudder to keep the direction.
6. Approximately 10 KIAS before liftoff speed, smoothly pull the control lever to lift the nose wheel up and set the aircraft to take takeoff attitude. Ideally, the stick should be fully pulled aft at the moment of aircraft lift off.
7. Upon liftoff ensure positive climb rate is achieved by maintaining angle of attack so that airspeed and altitude keep increasing.
8. Set landing gear lever to up position. Check landing gear position indicator lights are off.
9. Set pitch trim as required.
10. Set flaps position as required.
11. Check indicator to make sure that aux intake doors are closed.
It is recommended to climb at speed not less than 300 KIAS.
1. Check EXT FUEL transfer switches position (if external tanks installed) or AUTOBALANCE switch.
2. At altitude above 8000 feet check indicated oxygen consumption.
3. Check cockpit pressurization.
4. Set altimeter mode (as required).
Back to checklist selection